Conference on Business Opportunities in the Islands
The Department of the Interior is pleased to announce that plans are still going forward for the Secretary of the Interior's Conference on Business Opportunities in the Islands in Honolulu, November 13-14, 2006, and YOU ARE INVITED to join us there!
The Honorable Dirk Kempthorne, Secretary of the Interior
The Honorable Linda Lingle, Governor of Hawaii
The Honorable Mufi Hannemann, Mayor of Honolulu
Lieutenant General Daniel Leaf, Deputy Commander, U.S. Pacific Command
and the leaders of the seven U.S.-affiliated territories and freely associated states!
Learn about dynamic opportunities in many diverse and growing sectors, including:
* Large-scale public infrastructure work of all types (water, power, telecommunications) across all the areas, including efforts to improve energy efficiency. Meet the utility heads from Guam, the Virgin Islands, and the Federated States of Micronesia!
* The significant growth in military construction on Guam over the next 10 years, which will require a large amount of new support infrastructure as well as support industries, due to the relocation of 20,000 military personnel and dependents to Guam. Representatives of the Naval Facilities Command, which is responsible for most of the development work, will be joining us on for a panel discussion!
* Tourism of all kinds: these areas are some of the most pristine, beautiful, and unique members of the American family, and present a wealth of opportunities for small- and large-scale hotel/resort development aimed at a wide variety of clientele, as well as opportunities for niches like adventure and ecotourism.
* Shipping/transportation - many of these areas enjoy exemptions or special status under existing cabotage laws and are strategically located near many of the fastest-growing markets in the world; in addition, most of them have excellent air- and seaport facilities that are undergoing upgrades and expansion. Hear from the CEO of Matson Navigation, James Andrasick, and Continental - Air Micronesia Vice President Wally Dias, as well as representatives of the port authorities from several areas.
* AND MORE - explore sessions on specialty products, aquaculture, hospital and health care services development, and much more. Visit www.businessopportunitiesconference.com for more details and the full agenda!
You'll also have a chance to learn about unique incentives for doing business in the U.S. territories and freely associated states, straight from representatives of the local departments of commerce, and to network with island and mainland business and government leaders from both the islands and the fifty states.
Space is limited, REGISTER NOW. Visit www.businessopportunitiesconference.com to register. The registration fee is $185; REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE RATE AT THE WAIKIKI MARRIOTT HOTEL!
Office of Insular Affairs
U.S. Department of the Interior
Washington, DC 20240
(202) 219-1989 Fax
The U.S. Department of the Interior does not endorse any business opportunity in any area. Potential partners/investors/bidders must conduct their own due diligence.
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US. You are receiving this email because you are registered with SBA's Dynamic Small Business Search. Click here or reply to this email to request removal from future mailings from the U.S. Department of the Interior regarding future economic development events.