Saturday, December 30, 2006

University of Hawaii Professor Daniel W. Tuttle - One of My Heroes

Celebrating the Life of University of Hawaii Professor Daniel W. Tuttle - One of My Heroes

By Sen. Sam Slom, 12/29/2006 2:54:49 PM
Professor Daniel W. Tuttle courtesy of University of Hawaii Social Sciences Department

I mourn the death of University of Hawaii Professor Daniel W. Tuttle (December 23), but I celebrate his life. He was one of my role models and heroes.

Though he never sought it, Dan deserved much more recognition and gratitude, both from the University of Hawaii and the community than he was accorded. He also served with distinction with the Hawaii Education Association. He reported accurately and honestly on politics, but never played it. He was always professional, positive and helpful.

I concur with Midweek's political columnist Dan Boylan who said of Tuttle, "He was just way ahead of his time" referring to Dan's pioneering efforts in political polling and analysis.



READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE AT HAWAIIREPORTER.COM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home